Monday, January 4, 2010

Bien Hoa Pho


After my third try of pho, I've been a fan of it. It's been one of those meals that I don't get sick of even if I have it every week. It seems like there is nothing better to have on cold, windy winter days like recently.
Pho is also one of those foods that tastes quite different depending on where you go. I always go to Bien Hoa for a trustworthy bowl.
My ranking of a few places around where I live would be:
1. Bien Hoa (Edison,NJ): yummy broth, cilantro is not overpowering, lovely price!
2. Pho 32 (Palisades Park, NJ): korean version of pho - bien hoa without cilantro; broth is not greasy like many places
3. Pho Ahn Dao (Edison, NJ): not bad but the soup is a bit too sweet
4. Houng Que (North Brunswick, NJ): overpriced compared to amount; broth has a bit of a stinky beef smell
5. Pho Hana (Palisades Park, NJ): broth has a clean taste but is not strong enough
6. Pho Viet Ahn (Edison, NJ): their pho has a fishy stench and is overpriced - not recommended at all

No comments:

Post a Comment