Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fall Favorites

While I love summer thunderstorms, my mind is already looking forward to fall: back to school, the scent of foliage, and fall fashion!



1. tan gauzy sweaters
so lovely for layering and works for cool and warm weather
i'm looking forward to layering it with skirts and dresses


2. thigh high/over the knee boots
an alternative to leggings, which i find awkward to wear.
just try not to go to places where i have to take my shoes off
.

3. Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum / Parfum
I've been coveting this fragrance since I smelled it on the Keira Knightley ads in a magazine. I've been testing out samples throughout the year and while this scent is sophisticated to what I usually use it works all throughout the year. The ever-elegant Chanel parfum bottle design makes it even more justifiable.


4. Slated Blue
I've been noticing this shade of blue in various items lately: from Sally Hansen's Gray by Gray, Barielle's Slate of Affairs, Rebecca Taylor's sweaters, and Burberry's lace blouse (above) - just to name a few.
Lace blouses can end up romantically classy or shockingly tacky. The toned down color makes the classic garment more modern but somewhat understated.

Photo Credits: Style.com (Fall 2010 Burberry Prorsum and Rebecca Taylor)
Macys.com (Chanel Coco Mademoiselle)

No comments:

Post a Comment